|Mt. Sengen and Ranzan gorge (Day Hike / Japan)||by tatsuca|
|28 Nov, 2017(Day Trip)|
|8:15 Ogawamachi station|
9:10 Mt. Sengen
10:10 Mt. Monimi
11:15 Razan-keiko iriguchi parking
12:27 Kyuyouchi BS
|No dangerous spots, but there were lots of branches along the trail. GPS with a map is handy.|
|Notes: (by tatsuca)|
|As I have had a slight backache last couple of monhts, I tend to select a short course as the pain gets worse after 4, 5 hours' walking. Anyways. I chose this course, because I read several reports about the beautiful autumn colors of Ranzan gorge. |
The Ranzan gorge is like a park, so I started from Ogawamachi station to hike Mt. Sengen and Mt. Monomi before it.
The weather wasn't as good as I had expected, but I could enjoy autumn colors along the Sengen trail and the gorge.
Kawagoe, I stopped by on my way back, was also nice.
[Rating of the trail, Kawagoe walk exclusive, for middle-aged beginner hikers, like myself
* The keys used in my logs are in: http://mountrec.com/modules/diary/629-detail-455
- Required Stamina: Level 2 of 5. Easy.
- Difficulty: Level 1. No difficult spots.
- Unnerving?: Level 1. No scary place.
- Get lost? Level 3. There were lots of branches without direction signs along the Sengen trail GPS with the map would be recommended.
- Photogenic? Level 3. Color leaves, especially those in Ranzan gorge were very gorgeous. I think it could hold until the next weekend of Dec. 9th.
- Come again? Level 2. Too easy for a hike, and there was no grand mountain views, but the autumn colors were nice.
- Comment: The bus service is not so frequent, so if you have average legs you can easily walk to Musashi-Ranzan station.
The original log of this hike in Japanese is here.
If you are interested in my other logs, please check
I hope my humble hiking reports could be of any help for your memorable stay in Japan. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me through MountRec.
* I sometimes wonder if real humans ever visit my report. Please click "Like in secret" below if you are not a robot and feel like it''s OK to show that you're not. m(_ _)m