|Drive and hike; Mt. Jyomine, Mt. Happu (Day Hike / Japan)||by tatsuca|
|21 Nov, 2017(Day Trip)|
|Sunny, almost cloudless.|
|From Isawa toge parking space to Mt. Jomie was just a ten-minute gentle walk.|
From Suisenji temple trailhead to Mt. Happu was about an hour walk.
|No dangerous spot.|
Jomine koen, Chichibu-kegon-no-taki, and Tsuki-no-ishi koen were "parks."
|Notes: (by tatsuca)|
|Since I heard color leaves in Oku-musashi area were at their peak, I planned this one to cover as many places as possible in one itinerary. |
Mt. Happu was the only hike-like trail in this plan, but I enjoyed various autumn colors as I planned, or more than I had expected in some places.
[Rating of the trail for middle-aged beginner hikers, like myself
* The keys used in my logs are in: http://mountrec.com/modules/diary/629-detail-455
- Required Stamina: Level 1 of 5. Easy.
- Difficulty: Level 1. Mostly a park-like walk. Mt. Happu was the only trail with the elevation difference of 300m.
- Unnerving?: Level 1. No scary place.
- Get lost? Level 2. The drive from Jomine koen to Isawa toge, where a trailhead to Mt. Jomine was, might be most confusing. I attach the drive video below.
- Photogenic? Level 3. Color leaves, especially those in Jomine koen with winter cherry blossoms were impressive.
- Come again? Level 2. Some places might be a little boring to visit again, but driving from Gunma to Saitama over the Isawa toge was intriguing.
- Comment: The bus service is not so frequent, but you can walk from Jomine koen to Chichibu through Mt. Jomine as a part of Kanto freai hiking course.
The drive video from Jomine koen to chichibu Kegon-notaki through Isawa toge. [[YT:QJClxhYrNzU]]
The original log of this hike in Japanese is here.
If you are interested in my other logs, please check
I hope my humble hiking reports could be of any help for your memorable stay in Japan. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me through MountRec.
* I sometimes wonder if real humans ever visit my report. Please click "Like in secret" below if you are not a robot and feel like it''s OK to show that you're not. m(_ _)m