|Unotawa & Mt. Ohmochi (Day Hike / Japan)||by tatsuca|
|07 Nov, 2017(Day Trip)|
|9:40 Parking space|
12:15 Mt. Ohmochi
13:07 Tsumasaka toge
13:33 Parking space
|Notes: (by tatsuca)|
|Unotawa is one of the popular hiker's destination in Okumusashi, but the access is not so good, so tourists usually don't visit. |
I visited here once before in spring, but I heard the autumn colors were nice, so I planned this one.
The autumn color in this area seemed to be a week earlier than usual, but I could enjoy the beautiful red and yellow leaves along the trail.
I made a video of this hike: [[YT:MNqFXKUnwsM]]
[Rating of the trail for middle-aged beginner hikers, like myself
* The keys used in my logs are in: http://mountrec.com/modules/diary/629-detail-455
- Required Stamina: Level 2 of 5. relatively easy.
- Difficulty: Level 1. No place to scramble.
- Unnerving?: Level 1. No scary place.
- Get lost? Level 2. The traces are clear in most part, but some sections at the last leg to Unatawa were covered by leaves and I had to look for red tapes to follow it.
- Photogenic? Level 3. The color leaves already passed their peak at the higher places, but they were still enjoyable on the lower ridges.
- Come again? Level 3. I'd come back to see the peak of color leaves someday.
- Comment: I chose a shorter trail this time using a car, but a bus service to Nago is available from Seibu Hahno station.
* Note that some buses on the list don't go to the Nago terminal.
As I wrote, this place was very nice, but personally I prefer Tnaba-Dendeiro I visited last year, because the terrain and the number of color leaves were more enjoyable.
* The log I wrote at the time and the Youtube video:
** This is the one I made after Mt. Mitoh in 2013, JFYR
The original log of this hike in Japanese is here.
If you are interested in my other logs, please check
I hope my humble hiking reports could be of any help for your memorable stay in Japan. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me through MountRec.
* I sometimes wonder if real humans ever visit my report. Please click "Like in secret" below if you are not a robot and feel like it''s OK to show that you're not. m(_ _)m