|Ohme Kyuuryou hills (Day Hike / Japan)||by tatsuca|
|01 Nov, 2017(Day Trip)|
|Cloudy, later sunny|
|8:17 Ikusabata station|
9:20 Mt. Raiden
10:04 Mt. Monomi
10:26 Mt. Sanpou
11:45 Daijoji temple, stupa
|No dangerous spots.|
|Notes: (by tatsuca)|
|I have light back ache there days, so I planed this short easy one, in which I hoped to find Senburi flowers and Kikou-haguma flowers. |
The weather was not so good and a little cold, as a matter of fact, but I could find the two flowers successfully, and I enjoyed the light hiking on a quiet trail.
[Rating of the trail for middle-aged beginner hikers, like myself
* The keys used in my logs are in: http://mountrec.com/modules/diary/629-detail-455
- Required Stamina: Level 2 of 5. relatively easy.
- Difficulty: Level 1. There were a couple of rocky small peaks with fixed ropes, but I didn't have to use them.
- Unnerving?: Level 1. No scary place.
Get lost? Level 3. The traces are clear, but there are many branches, so a map and a compass or a GPS would be recommended.
- Photogenic? Level 1. Since the trail is on the low ridge through forests, there were no spots to command great mountain views. But as a wildflower lover, I enjoyed to take pictures of them.
- Come again? Level 2. The trail is a little too short, but comfortable to walk.
- Comment: The course is part of 30km trail-run course, so if you are a trail-runner, you probably enjoy running this course and further route in Takamizu area.
The original log of this hike in Japanese is here.
If you are interested in my other logs, please check
I hope my humble hiking reports could be of any help for your memorable stay in Japan. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me through MountRec.
* I sometimes wonder if real humans ever visit my report. Please click "Like in secret" below if you are not a robot and feel like it''s OK to show that you're not. m(_ _)m