|Mt. Mitoh (Day Hike / Japan)||by tatsuca|
|30 Aug, 2017(Day Trip)|
|8:25 Parking area|
10:10 West peak of Mt. Mitoh
11:45 Parking area
|No dangerous spots.|
|Notes: (by tatsuca)|
|I thought I would go to Mt. Mitsutoge or some mountain where I can see Mt. Fuji up close but the weather forecast turned it would be cloudy and rain in the afternoon, so I changed my plan and visit this mountain because the trail is well maintained and the wind is usually not very strong under poor weather. |
I couldn't see Mt. Fuji as I had thought, but I found more wildflowers than I had expected even flower season was almost over.
Rating of the trail for middle-aged beginner hikers, like myself
* The keys used in my logs are in: http://mountrec.com/modules/diary/629-detail-455
- Required Stamina: Level 2 of 5. Not so tough.
- Difficulty: Level 1. There are no spots to use hand.
- Unnerving?: Level 1. No problem.
- Get lost? Level 2. The trails are very well maintained and the signs are clear and there were not many confusing branches, but a map would help you avoid an unwanted detour.
- Photogenic? Level 3. Today the weather was not so favorable, but if Mt. Fuji is seen, the level would be 3.
- Come again? Level 3. The autumn colors are also very beautiful.
I attach Youtube I made when I visited here during the season. [[YT:tzBK12wGvHc]]
It takes an hour from JR Musashi-itsukaichi by bus, but it would be much shorter and convenient if you drive a car from Uenohara IC on Chuo Highway to Kami-kawanori. I also attach the driving video: [[YT:1rgYkLvqSY4]]
The original Log in Japanese is here.
If you should be interested in my other logs, please check
I hope my humble hiking reports could be of any help for your memorable stay in Japan. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me through MountRec.
* I sometimes wonder if real humans ever visit my report. Please click "Like in secret" below if you are not a robot and feel like it''s OK to show that you're not. m(_ _)m