|Mt. Mitake on a rainy day. (Day Hike / Japan)||by tatsuca|
|10 Aug, 2017(Day Trip)|
|Misty rain, or rather rainy mist?|
|8:55 Parking space at the end of Yozawa forest road|
9:10 Nanayo-no-taki fall
9:40 Tengu-iwa rock
* Rock Garden
10:13 Ayahiro-no-taki fall
10:45 Mt. Mitake
11:31 Mt. Mitake cable station
11:54 Nagao-daira Branch
12:28 Parking space
|No dangerous spots.|
|Notes: (by tatsuca)|
|I visited this area many times, but this is the first time I drove up and parked at the end of Yozawa forest road. I hiked the road before from the bus terminal at Kamiyozawa, and found the forest road walk was a little too long, too boring, so I planned this one to see how it works.|
The weather wasn't so good, but as I found three kinds of wildflowers that I wanted to find and the temperature didn't rise so much, it turned out to be relatively a nice hike.
[Rating of the trail for middle-aged beginner hikers, like myself
* The keys used in my logs are in: http://mountrec.com/modules/diary/629-detail-455
- Required Stamina: Level 2 of 5. Not so tough.
- Difficulty: Level 1. There are no spots to use hand.
- Unnerving?: Level 1. No problem.
- Get lost? Level 2. The trails are very well maintained and the signs are clear, but there are many branches, so a map would be convenient to avoid an unwanted detour.
- Photogenic? Level 3. The view of the mountains are not so good, but the wildflowers are nice.
- Come again? Level 2. The forest road is narrow and it doesn't have the width for the cars to pass, so I don't recommend it so much.
Comment: Public transportation is available to most of the trailheads.
I attach some of my logs in which I reported various transportation ideas:
The original Log in Japanese is here.
If you should be interested in my other logs, please check
I hope my humble hiking reports could be of any help for your memorable stay in Japan. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me through MountRec.
* I sometimes wonder if real humans ever visit my report. Please click "Like in secret" below if you are not a robot and feel like it''s OK to show that you're not. m(_ _)m