|Mt. Choshichiro in Mt. Akagi (Day Hike / Japan)||by tatsuca|
|03 Aug, 2017(Day Trip)|
|Cloudy with fog|
|9:00 Akagi visitor center|
9:38 Knuma pond
10:20 Mt. Choshichiro
10:32 Mt. Kojizo
11:00 Torii pass
11:22 Gakumanbuchi pond
11:25 Akagi visitor center
|No dangerous spots.|
|Notes: (by tatsuca)|
|I wanted to visit Akagi Nature Garden as I heard the renge-shoma flowers were blooming. But it wouldn't take a whole day, so I looked for a short additional hiking course nearby which I could finish before noon. |
Mt. Kurobi is popular as a hiking destination with fine views when it's sunny, but the forecast wasn't so good, so I chose this course hoping that I could enjoy hiking even in poor weather, looking for wildflowers.
The result was even better than I had expected because I could find more flowers those I usually can't find in Okutama or Kitamusashi where I frequently visit.
[Rating of the trail for middle-aged beginner hikers, like myself
* The keys used in my logs are in: http://mountrec.com/modules/diary/629-detail-455
- Required Stamina: Level 1 of 5. Easy.
- Difficulty: Level 1. No place to use hands.
- Unnerving?: Level 1. There were no scary spots.
- Get lost? Level 2. The traces and signs were very clear all the way, but a map or a GPS navigator would be recommended as there were many branches.
- Photogenic? Level 2. This mountain doesn't command a grand view even on sunny days but there were lots of wildflowers along the ponds and the trail.
- Come again? Level 2. A little too easy for a day hike, but combining this route with other trials might be a good idea.
- Comment: As I wrote above, if you're visiting here for the fist time. Mt. Kutobe to hte north has better views with some more elevation difference.
The original Log in Japanese is here.
If you are interested in my other logs, please check
I hope my humble hiking reports could be of any help for your memorable stay in Japan. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me through MountRec.
* I sometimes wonder if real humans ever visit my report. Please click "Like in secret" below if you are not a robot and feel like it''s OK to show that you're not. m(_ _)m